Valid for the time being:
- Mon-Thu 7.00-20.00
- Fri 7.00-18.00
The Kallio Family Centre is located next to the Kallio Office Building, on the renovated premises of the former Kallio Health Station and maternity and child health clinic.
We have put together comprehensive family services at the Kallio Family Centre, ranging from preventive services to special services. At the family centre, you will receive support for your family according to your needs.
The services of the Kallio Family Centre are intended for families who reside in the city neighbourhoods of Kallio, Vallila and Herttoniemi.
The Kallio Family Centre also serves families with children in the southern and central major districts of Helsinki in many matters related to the health care and social welfare of families with children. These services include, for example, social counselling for families with children, speech therapy, physical and occupational therapy and the family counselling clinic. The southern district comprises the part of the inner city south and west of Töölönlahti and Pitkäsilta as well as the island of Lauttasaari.
We have also assembled centralised Swedish-language services and therapeutic work for families with infants at the Kallio Family Centre.
If necessary, we will also offer services of other service centres at the Kallio Family Centre, such as adult social work services and adult substance abuse and mental health services.
Our services also extend to the home. Our services provided at home include home services for families with children and family work for families with children.
Centralised services in Swedish at the Kallio Family Centre
When you want service in Swedish, you automatically become a client of the Kallio Family Centre. The Kallio Family Centre offers the following services for Swedish-speaking families with children throughout Helsinki:
- service needs assessment and support
- home services for families with children
- social guidance for families with children
- speech therapy
- psychologist services of the maternity and child health clinic
- parenting guidance and family counselling
- disability work for children and adults
- open child welfare services
- child welfare family work
The route to the main entrance
- The accessible parking space is located outdoors under 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking space is at least 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly and the glass doors have contrast markings. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a motion sensor.
In the facility
- The customer service point is on the entrance floor.
- The customer service point has directions to the different facilities.
- The doors in the customer service point stand out clearly. The glass doors have contrast markings.
- The customer service point has a fixed induction loop.
- The customer service point has an accessible toilet on the same floor.