In accordance with the Social Welfare Act, the parenting and family counselling provided by the family counselling clinic is support for families with children and adolescents under the age of 18.
The family counselling clinic can help you, when
- you would like conversational support in questions related to parenting and bringing up children
- you are concerned about your child's or adolescent's behaviour or development
- your child or adolescent is having problems at home, daycare, school or with friends
- your family is struggling with conflicts, sorrow or other difficult life situation
- you the parents are considering separating or your family needs help to cope with your separation
- you are facing a new life situation, for example, as a single parent or in a reconstituted family.
Our staff includes social workers and psychologists. We can also consult a child psychiatrist, if necessary. Our work is guided by your family's needs and requests. If necessary, we can also cooperate with other parties who are important to your child or family.
We also organise various groups at the family counselling clinic like, for example, emotional skills groups for children and parenting groups, such as Ihmeelliset vuodet 'Wonderful Years'.
You can seek the services of the family counselling clinic by calling social guidance for families with children or by sending a message via the 'Need help?' online form or in Maisa.
The services are free of charge.