The health station is your primary source of care for sudden and long-term health concerns, with a multidisciplinary team ready to address your needs.
Please contact your local health station if you have a health concern, experience sudden symptoms or need support for the treatment of a long-term illness.
Vuosaari Health Station employs nurses, physiotherapists and doctors, among other professionals. Vuosaari Health Station operates at the Vuosaari Health and Well-being Centre in the district of Vuosaari.
You can contact your local health station in several ways
When you contact your local health station, a nurse will first speak with you to assess your situation. If necessary, the nurse will then make arrangements for you to see a medical professional. Please contact us only through one channel.
Go to the 24/7 online Omaolo health and well-being service and describe your symptoms in a symptoms assessment. After this, the service will give you instructions about what to do next.
If your symptoms need to be assessed by a medical professional, you will be able to straight away contact your local health station via the service.
- Fill out a symptom assessment at your convenience.
- Based on your symptoms, Omaolo will tell you the next steps to take.
- At this point, if you wish, you can log in to the service and send your symptom assessment data to a nurse, who will immediately start taking care of your case. You will be required to use a form of strong identification (Link leads to external service).
If you need to contact your health station, you can send a message or questions via the Maisa customer portal. We will respond to your message within three working days.
- Log in to Maisa at www.maisa.fi (Link leads to external service) or in the Maisa app. You will be required to use a form of strong identification (Link leads to external service).
- You can send a message via Messages -> Send a message -> Ask About Care or Services’.
- Select a subject.
- Select your health station as the message recipient and choose a subject for your message.
- In your message, tell as precisely as possible what it is about.
- You will receive a reply to your message within three working days.
You can contact your local health station by phoning the station.
The health stations use a handy call-back system, so if the line is busy, staff will call you back as soon as they are free.
It is also possible to make arrangements for a health check or treatment by visiting your local health station in person during its opening hours. If you have turned 12 years old, we recommend that you use a face mask unless you have a medical restriction. We recommend that you call first, however, particularly if you have flu-like symptoms.
If your matter is urgent, please call the Medical Helpline at tel. 116 117. Medical professionals will direct you swiftly to the help that you need.
If you have hearing or speech impairment, you can contact the health station in one of the following ways:
- Complete the appropriate symptom assessment in the Omaolo (Link leads to external service)service.
- Call the health station on a weekday with the help of an interpreter. The number of the switchboard is +358 9 310 5015.
- Use the health station’s services in the Maisa digital portal (Link leads to external service)
- If the situation is urgent, you can contact health services via the text service of the Medical Helpline at www.116117.fi/fi/Helsinki (Link leads to external service) -> Avaa tekstipalvelu. Alternatively, go to emergency services.
- In case of a life-threatening situation, send a text message to the emergency number 112.