At the Geriatric Outpatient Clinic, we examine people aged 70 and older, whose memory, information processing or everyday functional ability has become impaired. We invite our customers to attend examinations accompanied with a close relative or friend. Often, our set of examinations includes a brain MRI.
We will review your medication, make a diagnosis, and prepare a plan for you to maintain your functional ability. Further treatment and follow-up will take place at your own health station or in home care. Based on a doctor's assessment, some of our customers will be monitored by a memory coordinator.
The Geriatric Outpatient Clinic team includes doctors, nurses, a physiotherapist, a psychologist, speech therapists and memory coordinators specialising in geriatrics.
You need a referral to become our customer. You can get a referral, for example, from your own health station.
Valid for the time being:
- Mon-Thu 7.45-15.30
- Fri 7.45-14.00
- Sat-Sun - Closed
The Geriatric Outpatient Clinic's reception and memory coordinator activities are closed from 22 December to 31 December.
Telephone service open on weekdays from 8 am to 12 pm.
The route to the main entrance
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly and the glass doors have contrast markings. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a button.
In the facility
- The customer service point is located on floor 2.
- For moving around, there is a lift, which can hold a wheelchair; the door opens automatically. The floor numbers in the lift can be felt with fingers. The button for the exit floor stands out from the other buttons. (The minimum dimensions for an accessible lift are width 1.1 m and depth 1.4 m.)
- The customer service point has directions to the different facilities.
- The customer service point has thresholds over 2 cm high.
- The doors in the customer service point stand out clearly. The glass doors have contrast markings.