On this page
Kontula Service Centre is an open meeting place, and its activities support you to live at home and promote your well-being. The centre is just the place for you if you are looking for a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and a place to spend time. Here you can exercise, participate in a handicraft workshop, enjoy the delicacies of our restaurant or read the daily newspaper. You can choose to partake in group activities or find something to do independently. You can also turn to us for support in everyday issues.
We employ social counsellors, cultural instructors, a sports instructor and a physiotherapist.
We have a restaurant on our premises. You can find the link to the restaurant's menu at the end of this page.
We also have customer computers and a printer for independent use. There is a printing fee.
The service centre's activities are intended for pensioners and the unemployed. Unless stated otherwise, the services provided at the centre are free. To access them, you need a service centre card that you can obtain from the service centre's information desk free of charge.
Valid for the time being:
- Mon-Fri 8.00-18.00
- Sat-Sun 9.00-16.00
Day before Christmas Eve: Dec. 23, 2023 - Closed
Christmas Eve: Dec. 24, 2023 - Closed
Christmas Day: Dec. 25, 2023 - Closed
Boxing Day: Dec. 26, 2023 - Closed
Date period: Dec. 27, 2023 - Dec. 29, 2023
- Wed-Fri 8.00-16.00
Day before New Year's Eve: Dec. 30, 2023 - Closed
New Year's Eve: Dec. 31, 2023 - Closed
New Year's Day: Jan. 1, 2024 - Closed
Date period: Jan. 2, 2024 - Jan. 5, 2024
- Tue-Fri 8.00-16.00
Epiphany: Jan. 6, 2024 - Closed
Maundy Thu: March 28, 2024 - Closed
Good Fri: March 29, 2024 - Closed
Easter Sat: March 30, 2024 - Closed
Easter Sun: March 31, 2024 - Closed
Easter Mon: April 1, 2024 - Closed
May Day: May 1, 2024 - Closed
Ascension Day: May 9, 2024 - Closed
The route to the main entrance
- The 4 accessible parking spaces are located outdoors under 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking spaces is at least 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is guided, smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a motion sensor.
In the facility
- The customer service point has two floors.
- For moving around, there is a lift, which can hold a wheelchair; the door opens automatically. The floor numbers in the lift cannot be felt with fingers. The button for the exit floor stands out from the other buttons. (The minimum dimensions for an accessible lift are width 1.1 m and depth 1.4 m.)
- The doors in the facility stand out clearly.
- The facility has an accessible toilet on the entrance floor.
- There is a second accessible toilet on floor -1.
- There is a third accessible toilet on floor -1.
- The service point has a fixed induction loop in the meeting room, lecture room, auditorium, assembly hall, gym.