The Kumpula public outdoor swimming pool was built as a training pool for the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki and is the third oldest public outdoor swimming pool in Finland. The site includes a 25-metre swimming pool, a children's pool, a paddling pool, a diving pool with diving platforms (1, 3, 5, 7.5 and 10 m), basketball and beach volleyball courts, a children's play area and a high-quality David City Line outdoor gym, which is open all year round.
Valid for the time being:
- Mon-Sun - Closed
The jump towers (5m, 7m, 10m)
The springboards (1m, 3m)
Kumpula also has table tennis tables. In addition, there are picnic tables in the area where you can also play, for example, chess or ludo. You can borrow chess pieces and other tokens from the swimming pool against a deposit, as well as boxing, basketball and beach volley equipment. A café-restaurant entrepreneur operates in Kumpula.
- one visit €5,80
- 10 visits / 1 month €46
- 4 months card (120 days) €138
Children (7-17 y/o) and others (senior citizens, students, unemployed, disabled, conscripts and conscientious objectors, asylum or temporary protection seekers and those who have received a decision on the matter)
- one visit €3,20
- 10 visits / 1 month €25
- 4 months card (120 days) €75
War veterans, children (under 7): free of charge.
- Personal customer card (10 visits) €4
- costume €7
- Towel €7
- Seatcover / soap €1
The dressing rooms have lockable lockers. Please make sure you have a 50 cent coin as a deposit.
+358 9 310 87477
+358 9 310 87478
+358 9 310 24713
+358 40 674 1595
swimming schools and supervised sports
+358 50 401 3582
+358 9 358 3953
Services: Dressing rooms, showers, saunas, stands and sun plateau, 25-metre pool, children's pool, wading pool, diving pool, stands: 1, 3, 5, 7,5 and 10 m.
Basketball court, volleyball court, children's play area, café. There is outdoor gym inside the area and parking lot.
Other info: Sand filter cleaning is used as the cleaning method (chlorine).
A photography permit from the Sports Facilities Section is required for photography.
Please note that we do not provide information about lost and found items over the phone. You can inquire for your items by visiting Kumpula outdoor swimming pool.
Please note that swimming in shorts is forbidden - with the exception of swimming trunks.
The route to the main entrance
- The 3 accessible parking spaces are located outdoors over 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking spaces is less than 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
- There is a steep slope on the passage.
- The passage has at least 4 steps, with handrails on one side.
- The route has a steep ramp over 6 m long with an intermediate landing, with handrails on one side.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated.
- In connection with the entrance, there are at least 4 steps.
- The entrance has a steep ramp over 6 m long with an intermediate landing, with handrails on one side.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens easily manually.
- The entrance has thresholds over 2 cm high.
In the facility
- The entrance, sports facilities and dressing rooms are located on the same floor.
- The service point has directions to the different facilities.
- There is an accessible toilet in the lobby or nearby public area.
- The customer service/cashier's desk can be found easily. The desk is accessible to customers standing only.
- The facility features a quiet area for guide and aid dogs.
Dressing room, shower room and sauna
- The accessible dressing room is located in connection to the men's/women's dressing rooms. The door of the dressing room opens easily manually and the doorway has a high threshold. In the dressing room, the door of the accessible section opens easily by hand.
- The accessible dressing room has sufficient room for a wheelchair and assistant. Good illumination and clear contrasts facilitate spatial perception. The numbering of the lockers is clearly legible and tangible by hand (embossed or Braille numbers). An accessible toilet is provided in connection to the men's/women's dressing room.
- The shower room is connected to the men's/women's dressing room. The door of the shower room opens easily manually.
- The shower room has a more spacious and accessible showering spot with a seat and armrest as well as a support railing.
- The sauna is connected to the men's/women's dressing room. The door opens easily manually.
- The sauna has room for one wheelchair.
- Room is available next to the pools for storing aids during swimming.
- The large/deep pool features accessible entry via gently-sloping steps. The steps have handrails on both sides.
- The children's pool does not feature accessible entry (steep steps or a pool ladder).
- A separate teaching pool is not available. Teaching is provided in the large/deep pool.
- An accessible toilet is available in the pool area.
- The sports facility features a spectators' seating area whose stairs have handrails on one side. The seats have been highlighted from their surroundings with contrast.
- The seating area does not have accessible spots for wheelchairs.