The cosy Uunisaari beach offers a sheltered place to enjoy swimming and the sun. In the summer, there are lifeguards on the beach, and there is also a playground for children.
Uunisaari is a charming island located off Kaivopuisto next to Merisatamanranta, which has been a popular recreational destination for Helsinki residents since the 19th century, when the island had a popular sea spa. Today, the island has a catering restaurant, which is also open to the public in the summer, and there is also a nice beach on the shore. Uunisaari is a natural extension of the popular recreational areas of Eiranranta, Kaivopuisto and Merisatama year-round. In summer, there is a ferry connection from Merisatamanranta to the island; in winter, the island can be reached by walking along a pontoon bridge. There is also a walking connection from Uunisaari island to the adjacent Liuskasaari island via a bridge.
Period 6.6. - 14.8.2022:
The route to the outdoor sports area
- There are no accessible parking spaces near the beach. The nearest parking area is located over 50 m from the place.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located over 50 m from the beach.
- The beach is located on an island with only boat or ferry access.
- A smooth and sufficiently wide fine crushed rock or sand route leads to the beach. The route is illuminated.
- The passage has 3 consecutive steps.
Outdoor sports area
- There is one entrance to the beach.
- The beach has an information board on the sand. The information board can also be looked at up close. The board has a map of the area.
- The beach is guarded by a beach guard.
- There is an outdoor shower on the beach that is located on the sand. The shower has a treshold over 2 cm high..
- There is a toilet marked as accessible on the beach, but it is difficult to find at a distance. The passage to the toilet is hard and smooth but narrow. The requirements for accessibility are not met, as there is little room in front of the toilet for a wheelchair, the door is heavy, the door cannot be easily opened and closed and the door has thresholds over 2 cm high.
- The toilet entrance has at least 4 steps with handrails on one side.
- The toilet entrance has a ramp under 6 m long, with handrails on one side.
Dressing room, shower room and sauna
- There are men's/women's dressing rooms on the beach. The dressing room entrance is difficult to perceive at a distance. The passage to the dressing room is hard and smooth but narrow.
- The dressing room entrance has at least 4 steps with handrails on one side.
- The dressing room entrance has a ramp under 6 m long, with handrails on one side.
- There is not enough room for a wheelchair in front of the dressing room door. The dressing room door is heavy or otherwise hard to open. The doorway has a high threshold.
- The dressing room entrance foyer is cramped.
- The dressing room has sufficient room for a wheelchair and assistant. Good illumination and clear contrasts facilitate spatial perception. The numbering of the lockers is clearly legible.
- A toilet is connected to the dressing room.
- The shower room is connected to the men's/women's dressing room. The door to the shower room opens easily manually. The doorway has a high threshold.