Located in Vuosaari, the large Aurinkolahti beach with its soft sands attracts visitors of all ages to one of the best beaches in the city. The beach consists of two long coastlines divided by a rock in the middle of the beach. The right hand side of the beach has outdoor showers, changing rooms and portable toilets. There is a watch tower in the middle of the beach, and to the left of it are more locker rooms, outdoor showers, a café, an ice cream stand, a SUP board rental, a toilet and an outdoor gym. There is also a lane for non-motorised waterborne traffic accessible by canoe, kayak or SUP board. The City of Helsinki monitors the beach during the swimming season. The monitored swimming area is marked with red and yellow flags and buoys. Lifeguards can be found in the watch tower in the middle of the beach or on the platforms on either side of the beach. There is an information board on the beach with all the relevant information related to the beach.
Period 5.6. - 13.8.2023:
- Mon-Sun 10.00-20.00
+358 9 310 79600
The route to the outdoor sports area
- The 4 accessible parking spaces are located in the parking area under 50 m from the beach. The width of the parking space is at least 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located under 50 m from the beach.
- A smooth and sufficiently wide asphalted route leads to the beach. The route is illuminated.
- The passage has at least 4 steps with handrails on one side.
- The route has a ramp over 6 m long without an intermediate landing, with handrails on one side.
Outdoor sports area
- There are many entrances to the beach.
- The beach has an information board on the sand. The information board can also be looked at up close. The board has a map of the area.
- The beach is guarded by a beach guard.
- There are outdoor showers in many places around the beach that are located on the sand. The shower has a treshold over 2 cm high..
- There is a toilet marked as accessible in the beach café. The café's entrance is clearly visible at a distance. The passage to the café is hard and wide but rough.
- The café door is heavy or otherwise hard to open and it has a low treshold.
- The requirements for accessibility are not met, as the toilet door cannot be easily opened and closed and the toilet does not have sufficient room for a wheelchair. One or both sides of the toilet seat lack a support rail.
Dressing room, shower room and sauna
- There are dressing rooms with benches on the beach.