Barbecuing in parks
You can barbecue in the city's parks by observing the following rules:
- Place the grill on a non-combustible, hard surface such as sand. Placing a grill on a lawn is not allowed, even if the barbecue has legs. Even a kettle charcoal grill radiates heat downwards, and the lawn will dry out under it.
- Do not place hot waste in a rubbish bin. The heat will damage the bin, and replacing the internal parts of a large bin is very expensive.
- Making a fire is strictly forbidden during forest and grass fire warnings. This also applies to disposable and kettle charcoal grills. For more information, visit the Rescue Services website(Link leads to external service).
- It is prohibited to cut branches from trees for kindling. Please bring your own kindling with you.
- Campfires are not allowed in parks or other green spaces.
- Don’t forget to take your rubbish away with you.
Barbecuing is prohibited in Suomenlinna and nature reserves
The making of open fires and barbecuing is prohibited everywhere in Suomenlinna, including in the park areas of the fortress. Barbecuing is also prohibited in the nature reserves of Helsinki. Helsinki nature reserves on a map (in Finnish)(Link leads to external service)