The City of Helsinki is an active member of the international community. We will develop an even stronger Helsinki brand by enhancing its international standing and attractiveness, especially among global experts, investors and visitors.
Helsinki actively seeks the best global practices and solutions to support the execution of its operations and goals. Helsinki also recognises its global responsibility by sharing its own best practices with other cities, along with lessons it has learned.
Practical information for visitors to the Helsinki City Executive Office
Helsinki City Executive Office welcomes representatives of a city, a region or a related public administration for short visits to learn about its activities. Each visit includes a one to two-hour presentation on a pre-determined topic. We aim to share best practices, exchange experiences and strengthen networks with our international counterparts.
The presentations are held in Finnish or English. If necessary, the visiting groups are responsible for organizing interpretation services. Groups must also organize their own accommodation, meals and transportation.
Visits can be arranged every weekday from 9 am to 4 pm, and the presentations take place in venues located in the Helsinki city centre. Please note that Helsinki does not send written invitations by post and cannot book hotel rooms on behalf of visiting groups. Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 30 persons
The City of Helsinki can only receive visitors when municipal worker schedules allow for it. We do not arrange visits during public holidays or in the month of July, when most of Finland is on a summer break.
Due to great interest in our city, we are only able to arrange visits for specialists and professionals that have a specific, targeted interest in the City of Helsinki. We prioritize visits that support the City of Helsinki’s strategy and our focus areas for international engagement.
To schedule your visit, please fill in a visit request form at least one month prior to your arrival. We will contact you after receiving the request.
Contact us by sending a visit request form.
If you submit a visit request for a high-level guest, or your request includes topics that extend to more than one municipal division, please contact the City Executive Office’s PR and Protocol unit at edustus(at)hel.fi
Other Divisions contact information
And if you are interested in visiting the Education Division, please refer to: Communications and services for representatives of media | City of Helsinki
- Read more from Helsinki City Strategy 2021–2025 (.pdf)
- City of Helsinki’s focus areas for international engagement (.pdf)
- If you are interested in visiting the Social Services and Health Care Division.
- And if you are interested in visiting the Education Division, please refer to:
- Communications and services for representatives of media | City of Helsinki
- Helsinki Partners is a city marketing, investment and talent attraction company owned by the City of Helsinki. You can find tips for discovering Helsinki via MyHelsinki website(Link leads to external service)
- If you need help with planning your trip and programme, please contact MyHelsinki’s list of featured destination management companies (DMC)(Link leads to external service)
- Guided Smart City tours(Link leads to external service)
- Tours of Helsinki’s award-winning Central Library Oodi(Link leads to external service)e recommend using the city’s convenient public transport system HSL = hyperlink: (https://www.hsl.fi/en/travelling/visitors(Link leads to external service))