Apply for a placement agreement if you want to place permanent structures on a street or in a park. You can apply for the agreement in Lupapiste. The agreement is made with the owner or occupier of the plot or owner or possessor of the structure. It is also possible to use a power of attorney.
Make a plan for the structures you want to place and attach the plan to the application. If necessary, Lupapiste will help you draft your plan.
The service is subject to a fee. No fee is charged for the placement of pipes or cables and related structures that serve the community.
Apply for a placement agreement
Apply for a placement agreement electronically via Lupapiste.
How the process works
Attach the following documents to your application:
- A plan of the structures to be placed
- A power of attorney if someone other than the owner or occupier of the property or owner or holder of the structure applies for the agreement
Send the survey information to the city
The owner or possessor of cables, equipment and structures is obligated to send the survey information to the city. The information will be added to maps within one month of receiving the information. Cable information on private plots is not comprehensive.
Send the cable survey information to: firstname.lastname@example.org(Link opens default mail program).
Send the survey information for underground structures and facilities to: email@example.com(Link opens default mail program).
More information is available via email: firstname.lastname@example.org(Link opens default mail program). You can also ask for more information via Lupapiste.(Link leads to external service)
Frequently asked questions
You do not need a new placement agreement if you are renewing pipes or cables and their location remains the same.
You need a placement agreement for the following permanent structures, among other things:
- Property cable connections built in street areas when the length of the cable exceeds 20 m or there are wells in the connection
- Property cable connections built in park areas when the length of the cable exceeds 10 m or there are wells in the connection
- Property access routes when the pathway is built through a green area or there are structures related to it
- Underground facilities, such as tunnel connections and service corridors, if their location affects the use of a public area
- Structures and devices related to underground facilities that extend above ground
- Underground structures in general, such as building foundations, planking and cover plates and permanent ground and rock anchors
- Fences, support walls, berms, reinforcement earth walls or landscaping
- Building parts, such as canopies, gutters, bay windows, balconies, entrance ramps or platforms
- Storm water management and absorption into a public area
- Signpost or information board, such as a sign for a museum
You will also need a placement agreement if geothermal wells are to be tilted or placed in a public area.
No fee is charged for the placement of pipes or cables and related structures that serve the community. The price for placing other structures is determined in accordance with the price list.
Instructions with photos
Instructions for Lupapiste