Building Control Services and other Urban Environment Division services will be closed from 8 to 28 July 2024.

During the closure, Building Control Services will not arrange preliminary negotiations or process permits. In addition, the following services will be closed: Building Control Services archive and scheduling services, Soil and Bedrock customer service as well as the processing of neighbour’s consents related to geothermal heating if the neighbour is the City of Helsinki.

City Survey Services are mainly closed from 8 to 28 July 2024. Only exceptionally urgent work will be completed during the closure. Customer service will be open as usual. 

Contact information for plot and permit matters

On this page

Building Control Services

In Helsinki, all building permits are prepared and applied for via Lupapiste (In Finnish)(Link leads to external service)

At Lupapiste, you can find general advice, make appointments, prepare a permit application and deliver documents. Start the preparations for your project by submitting a request for advice. When you receive a reply, you can, if necessary, make the request for advice into a permit application.

How to submit a request to Lupapiste.

  1. Log in to Lupapiste.(Link leads to external service) Requires registration. 
  2. Select"Kysy neuvoa” (“Ask for advice") from the top-right corner. 
  3.  Enter the address or parcel number of the project. 
  4. Follow the instructions. Select the type of project you are starting.
  5. Finally, press “Kysy neuvoa”. 
  6. Write a short description of the project and your questions. 

The experts have the following telephone service hours: 

  • Permit secretaries Mon 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Tues 10 a.m. to noon, Thurs 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Fri 10 a.m. to noon. 
    • General advice and guidance, matters relating to the security of initial rights   
  • Permit processors Mon and Thurs 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
    • Project authorisation and other permit issues   
  • Inspection engineers Mon 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Thurs 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
    • Technical and structural issues and appointments for an initial meeting, presentation of specific plans and reviews
  • Master builders weekdays 9 a.m. to 12 noon.
    • Approval by a responsible supervisor

Contact information of Building Control Services on the map

Contact building control services primarily via Lupapiste for all matters concerning permits. You can ask for advice from the building control services by making a request for advice at Lupapiste (in Finnish). How to submit a request to Lupapiste.

However, if you want to email or call during the telephone service hours, you can find the email addresses and phone numbers of experts in the area on the map. 

Contact details for Building Control Services experts can be found on this map. - Open larger map(Link leads to external service)

Building Control Services Archives

Visiting address:
Työpajankatu 8, 00580 Helsinki
Opening hours:

Valid for the time being:
- Mon, Thu 12.00-15.00
- Tue-Wed 8.30-12.00
- Fri - Closed "Customer service only by appointment"
- Sat-Sun - Closed
Closed during the summer holidays: July 8, 2024 - July 28, 2024 - Closed

Archive phone service 09 310 22111 open Mon-Thu 8.30-16.00, Fri 12-15.

See details

Plot Services

Please send your enquiries and contact requests to the common e-mail addresses of Plot Services:

Send requests for documents, with the exception of individual copies of contracts relating to city land, by e-mail to opens default mail program).


Send a request for a copy of the agreement to the following e-mail address opens default mail program).

Contact information of Plot Services on the map

Please contact Plot Services in the first instance via the common emails above. However, if you want to email or call, you can find the contact information of experts in the area on the map. 

Open the map in a new window so you can search for the right area by street address. Or click on the right area on the map to find the contact details of experts in that area.  

Contact details for Plot Services experts can be found on this map. - Open larger map(Link leads to external service)

City Survey Services

You can apply for a plot division or cadastral surveys, ask for advice with a consultation request and submit documents electronically via the Lupapiste  (Link leads to external service)service.

How to get started and ask for advice via Lupapiste

  1. Sign up for the service the first time. In the future, you will log in with your email address and password.
  2. Select “Ask for advice” or “Submit application” from the top right of the page.
  3. Enter the property’s address or property identifier.
  4. Select “Cadastral surveys and plot divisions”.
  5. Choose the application type that suits your situation.
    • select “Plot division” if the plot division is to be changed or it is missing altogether
    • select “Real estate formation” if the plot division is in order and you are only applying for plot parcelling or plot registration
    • select “Easement survey” if you are only applying for the establishment / modification / removal of easements
    • select “Boundary demarcation and other  property definitions” if, for example, you are applying for a cadastral survey that only concerns the boundary or the boundary marker(s).
  6. Select “Ask for advice” or “Submit application”.
    • With the “Submit application” option, you can fill in the actual application details and add the necessary attachments 
    • With the “Ask for advice” option, you can ask experts for details about the property or application type without filing the actual application.
  7. Description of the project: Fill in the relevant sections of the “Target property” and “Plot division” menus.
    • In the “Plot division” section, indicate the type of plot division you are applying for. Indicate any preliminary calculation or previous consultation with the real estate formation experts.
  8. Parties: fill in the Parties tab. You can authorise other people. If there are several applicants, you can invite other applicants for the same application. Fill in the details of the payer(s) of the plot division application.
  9. Plans and attachments: add the necessary attachments, such as a preliminary calculation, a negotiation memo, an illustration of the plot and/or a reservation decision.

Linking applications

  1. Once the plot division application has been submitted, you can link other application types to one application using the “Apply for real estate formation” function.
  2. Select “Create real estate formation application”.

Need help in using Lupapiste?

See instructions for using Lupapiste (Link leads to external service)e.g. for information on how to register and log in, make a new application and a consultation request, convert a consultation request to a permit application or file an application.

In case you need technical support in using Lupapiste, use the support request form(Link leads to external service).

Send email to opens default mail program) or contact the Real Estate Formation Unit’s experts:

Please contact the customer service of city survey services, open Mon 12 noon – 3 p.m., Tue – Wed 8.30 a.m. – 12 noon, Thu – Fri 12 noon – 3 p.m.).

  • tel. +358 9 310 38064 or +358 9 310 31902

Or send email to opens default mail program).

Order maps from the Karttakori service(Link leads to external service) or send an order or inquiry by email to opens default mail program). You can also inquire about maps by calling the customer service of the Urban Environment Division, tel. +358 9 310 22111.

Contact the Urban Environment Customer Service by sending an email to opens default mail program) or calling 09 310 22111(Link starts a phone call).

Cabling Information Services

Cable Location Service

Visiting address:
Työpajankatu 8, 00580 Helsinki
Opening hours:

Call centre opening hours 1.3.2023- (on-site services must be booked by phone):
- Mon-Thu 9.00-15.00
- Fri 12.00-15.00
- Sat-Sun - Closed

See details

Contact details for land use and control on the map

Land use and control services include matters relating to public areas such as events, land rental, street work notices and siting agreements.

Contact the experts in the area of your project. Contact details can be found by clicking on the correct area on the map. If you open the map in a new window, you can search for the correct area by street address. 

The contact details of experts can be found in the map service. - Open larger map(Link leads to external service)
Kaupunkiympäristön toimitalo katutasosta kuvattuna.

Urban Environment Division, Customer Services

Visiting address:
Työpajankatu 8, 00580 Helsinki
Opening hours:

Valid for the time being:
- Mon 12.00-15.00
- Tue-Wed 8.30-12.00
- Thu-Fri 12.00-15.00
- Sat-Sun - Closed

Our telephone service +358 931022111 is open Mon-Thu 8.30-16.00 and Fri 12.00-15.00.

Please note that the earliest time you can get a shift number is 11.00 on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
At the Building Control Services Archives, customers are received on Fridays by appointment.

Our on-call Parking Enforcement service is available at tel. +358 9 310 70014, Mon-Thu 16.00-20.00, Fri 8.15-12.00 and 15.00-20.00, Sat 10.00-15.30, and Sun 11.00-17.00

After-hour notifications about dangerous street damage tel. +358 9 310 39310. (Please do not send feedback or questions related to winter maintenance or vehicle removal to this number.)

See details