On this page
Qualifications of planners and technical data of plans
A construction project must have a principal planner, a structural engineer and, in most cases, one or more specialist planners. Project planners are appointed in Lupapiste and the planners themselves record their work experience and training in Lupapiste.
Project plans and drawings are submitted through Lupapiste (Link leads to external service)(Link leads to external service).
- Layout plan, 1:500
- Façade, sectional and floor plans, 1:100.
- Layout plan and yard plans for house projects, 1:200.
- Other supplementary design material according to the content of the plan, e.g. window and other detail drawings, 1:1.
Check that all the attachments you upload are in PDF format, the right way up and at the correct scale (1:1 sheet of paper, A4 size).
Read more detailed instructions: Creating a PDF file for black-and-white building drawing printing (In Finnish, pdf, 1 MB)
Submit the special plans and sign them electronically via Lupapiste (Link leads to external service)(Link leads to external service). Once you have booked a presentation time and submitted your plans to Lupapiste, please notify the inspection engineer responsible for the area by email.
When presenting special plans, follow these guidelines:
- Documents must have a cover page with just one properly filled-in title page, a revision table and a location chart, if any, and sufficient space for filing notations.
- Drawing illustrations, specification texts, references to documents or a distribution table should not be extended to the cover page.
- The title should contain information about the building, the planner, the planner's qualifications and the contents of the drawing.
- If there are more than 10 plans, also include a list of drawings.
- The files must be in PDF/A format.
See also Guidance on construction plans and surveys from the Ministry of the Environment.