We will review on a case-by-case basis whether an amendment to the local detailed plan is possible and appropriate. The applicant will pay for the drafting of the amendment to the local detailed plan. The area planner will give you information on the schedule of the amendment to the local detailed plan and the amount of the fee.
If you are applying for an amendment to the local detailed plan of a city-owned plot, contact the city before you file your application:
- residential plots: firstname.lastname@example.org
- comercial plots: email@example.com
Apply for an amendment to the local detailed plan
Apply for an amendment by using our form or with a free-form application containing the same information as the form. Send the application to the City of Helsinki Registrar's Office. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal address: P.O. Box 10, 00099 City of Helsinki.
Fill in a form
Applying for an amendment to the local detailed plan
- Review of the plot’s ownership or right of possession, which could be, for example, a certificate of registered ownership, lease or deeds of sale if title registration is pending or less than six months have passed since the sale.
- A power of attorney if the application is signed by someone other than the applicant. The power of attorney must include the signatures and print names of all the owners or holders of the property. The power of attorney must contain all the measures the representatives are entitled to take.
- Minutes of the general meeting if the applicant is a housing association or a real estate company. The general meeting must decide on applying for the amendment to the local detailed plan.
- Trade Register extract if the applicant is a company. The document must indicate who has the right to sign for the company.
- A land-use plan, meaning a drawing indicating what you want to amend.
Planners’ contact information on the map
You can find contact information for the area planner in the map service. Meetings with planners must be agreed upon in advance.
Open the map in a new window to search for the desired area with the street address. You can also click the desired area on the map to find contact information for the planners responsible for the area.
Frequently asked questions
For a special reason, the city may grant a derogation from a provision, order, prohibition or other restriction regarding construction or some other measure prescribed in or based on the Finnish Land Use and Building Act (Section 171 of the Finnish Land Use and Building Act).
However, a derogation will not be granted if it causes harm to land use planning, the fulfilment of the local detailed plan or organisation or other use of the area; impedes the achievement of nature conservation objectives; impedes the achievement of objectives regarding the protection of the man-made environment; or leads to construction with a significant impact or otherwise causes significant harmful environmental or other impact.
In significant construction projects that go against the local detailed plan, it is justified to amend the local detailed plan from the point of view of land use planning.
Raising the efficiency of a plot for detached houses from 0.20 to 0.25 does not necessitate an amendment to the local detailed plan; instead, it can be taken care of with a derogation.
The costs of drafting and processing the local detailed plan are charged to the applicant. If the applicant cancels the local detailed plan application after the drafting has started, the work already carried out will be charged to the applicant. The fee is determined on the basis of the table of fees valid on the day the application was received.