You can find a valid detailed plan free of charge from the City of Helsinki’s Map Service.
Follow these steps:
- A detailed plan directory opens from the link. Move to the desired area on the map either by dragging the mouse or using the address search in the upper left-hand corner (Search).
- Click on the desired location on the map.
- Basic information on the plan opens on the right. There is a download link to the official plan document below the basic information, from where you can download it to your computer in PDF and CAD formats.
The detailed plan can also be viewed as a map through the up-to-date detailed plan:
The Helsinki Map Service also offers a wide range of other city maps and resources, including:
- Background maps: Guide maps, cadastral maps, aerial photographs, 3D city models and historical materials.
- City and Traffic Planning: Under planning and valid detailed plan, master plans and traffic plans.
- Real Estates, Unseparated Parcels and Buildings: Real estates, plot divisions index, buildings, etc.
- Available Plots: Commercial and residential plots available in the city.
- Environment and Nature: Protected attractions, valuable nature areas, Siberian flying squirrel habitat network, etc.
Lupapiste is a nationwide online permit service. Accessing drawings that are stored in the service is subject to a charge.
You can buy the following construction drawings from the Helsinki Building Control Service Archives in the Lupapiste shop:
- layout plans
- master drawings
- façade drawings
- special plans (water, sewer and ventilation systems and structural plans).
Drawings associated with permits defined as confidential under the Act on the Openness of Government Activities are not available at Lupapiste. These include, for example, building plans for schools and daycare centres. Drawings of buildings used by the armed forces, police, rescue services, social services, health services and education providers, among others, are likewise not available in the service.
Visit the Building Control Services Archives to view material free of charge.
Karttakori is an online service (in Finnish) that allows you to obtain source material for construction planning, in addition to other digital map material.
You can order the following map materials from the Karttakori service:
- Initial planning data material, i.e. a building permit map
- Digital materials
- A separate statement of ownership.
See the Digital Maps page for more information about the use of the Karttakori service and the products available.
Contact information: email@example.com(Link opens default mail program) or tel. +358 (0)9 310 22111(Link starts a phone call).
The city's centralised underground cabling and structure location service, the Cabling Information Service (JOPA), serves those involved in excavation, boring, quarrying and planning work. You must request a cabling survey from the service before starting excavation work. The cabling survey shows the location of cables, pipes and other underground structures in the excavation area.
The service is provided free of charge for necessary excavation works. For other purposes, the cabling information extracts are subject to a charge.
Order a cabling survey via e-services
The Soili service for ground survey information is intended for planning offices only. There you can retrieve soil- and ground surveys and base maps for the area you need, diagrams and cross-sections printed in image file for the area you need, ground survey- and groundwater data in infra format for the area you need, and rock-reinforced boreholes in CSV format.
The Helsinki coordinate system is the ETRS-GK25 (EPSG:3879) and the height system is N2000.
The coordinate system of the City of Helsinki geographical data is the ETRS-GK25 coordinate system (EPSG:3879) and the height system is N2000. The systems have been in place since December 2012. The height figures of the previous NN height system will be changed to the N2000 system by adding 305 mm to the height figure.