You can reach us by phone, email, feedback form or come visit us at the Education Division offices. Education Division advisory services will be available at the new premises in the Kalasatama district at Työpajankatu 8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 12 noon and 1 pm -3 pm. If you need advice at the office another weekday, please call and book an appointment.
You can ask us about:
-early childhood education (daycare centres, group family daycare and club activities)
-basic education (comprehensive schools, after-schools activities and school admission)
-general upper secondary schools and vocational education and training
-enrolling to the City of Helsinki education services
We give free-of-charge advisory service in Finnish and English.
You can request to have an interpreter help you if you are not able to converse in Finnish or English. The Education Division can arrange for an interpreter for a phone consultation or a consultation in person. Interpretation services are available in many languages, such as Arabic, Chinese, Swahili, Thai and Russian.
Valid for the time being:
The route to the main entrance
- The 2 accessible parking spaces are located outdoors over 10 m from the entrance. The width of the parking spaces is at least 3.6 m.
- The pick-up and drop-off area is located in the vicinity of the entrance, giving easy access to the pavement.
- The route to the entrance is smooth and sufficiently wide and illuminated.
The main entrance
- The entrance stands out clearly and is illuminated. There is a canopy above the entrance.
- The doors connected to the entrance stand out clearly and the glass doors have contrast markings. Outside the door there is sufficient room for moving e.g. with a wheelchair. The door opens automatically with a button.
In the facility
- The customer service point is on the entrance floor.
- The doors in the customer service point stand out clearly. The glass doors have contrast markings.
- The waiting room of the customer service point has no queue number system. The waiting room has chairs.
- The customer service point has a fixed induction loop.