Preparatory education for an upper secondary qualification (TUVA) combines voluntary additional basic education, also known as 10th grade, with preparatory education for general upper secondary education (LUVA) and preparatory education for vocational education and training (VALMA). TUVA education started on 1 August 2022.
You can participate in TUVA education if you need preparatory education, regardless of whether you are of compulsory school age. The training takes one year. However, you can move on to general upper secondary school or vocational education and training immediately once you have achieved a sufficient skill level and know what you want to study.
In TUVA education, you can
- specify your plans for further studies
- raise your comprehensive school grades
- study general upper secondary school and vocational qualification units.
We will prepare a personal study plan for you, based on your skills and goals.
How to apply to TUVA education
- If you are graduating or have graduated from comprehensive school and you do not have an upper secondary qualification or a university degree, apply to TUVA by 21 March 2023 via Studyinfo.
- Applicants who do not meet the criteria listed above can apply to TUVA via the rolling admissions by Stadin AO, Helsinki Vocational College and Adult Institute. Details for application periods will be announced during the spring.