Entities of the Helsinki City Group
The Helsinki City Group uses companies and foundations to supplement the services provided by the City of Helsinki and to manage the City Group’s support functions.
The structure of the City Group allows the various units to cooperate with each other. As the parent organisation, the City of Helsinki is responsible for supervising the Helsinki City Group’s development and defining the services that it provides.
The City of Helsinki provides some of its services through joint municipal authorities. Joint municipal authorities are established by mutual agreement (charter) between municipalities.
- Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS)
- Helsinki Region Transport joint municipal authority (HSL)
- Helsinki Region Environmental Services Authority joint municipal authority (HSY)
- Kårkulla Joint Municipal Authority
- Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council
- Uusimaa Joint Municipal Authority for Substance Abuse Services