“The vaccines reduce serious illnesses and infection-related deaths. There are ten vaccination points across the city, which you can visit without an appointment to get vaccinated, if necessary. However, we hope that people will book appointments so that we can reduce the queues. We also hope that everyone belonging to risk groups gets the vaccines during the two-week vaccination period,” says Medical Director of Health Stations Timo Lukkarinen.
The vaccines will be administered on
- 6–17 November Mon, Wed, Fri at 8:15–16:00 and Tue, Thu at 8:15–18:00
- Sat 11 November at 9:00–16:00 at the Koskela Senior Centre (only without appointment)
Please note! On the first vaccination day, Mon 6 November, all the vaccination points open at 10:00.
Please note! Lauttasaari and Laajasalo vaccination points are open Mon–Fri 8:15–16:00.
- Munkkiniemi, Lauttasaari, Laajasalo, Maunula and Kivelä health stations
- Kallio office building, Toinen linja 4 A
- Koskela Senior Centre, Hospitaalinkulku 8
- Hopeatie Service Home, Hopeatie 14
- Liikuntamylly, Jauhokuja 3
- the old Pukinmäki Health Station, Säterintie 2
- maternity and child health clinics in Helsinki (only by appointment for maternity and child health clinic clients).
Influenza vaccination is available to the following groups
- those over 65 years old
- those who are pregnant
- children under the age of 7
- those in a risk group due to an illness or treatment
- those entering mandatory or voluntary military service
- working in social services, health care or pharmaceutical services
- family and friends of people particularly susceptible to severe influenza. A more precise definition of who this includes is provided on THL’s website (in Finnish).(Link leads to external service)
Get your coronavirus vaccine booster during the same visit
Everyone over the age of 65, those over the age of 18 and part of a COVID-19 risk group and those over the age of 12 and severely immunocompromised can get the late autumn coronavirus vaccine booster shot during the same visit. Those who are pregnant also belong to the risk groups. To get the vaccines, you will need to present your Kela or ID card.
Maternity and child health clinic clients are vaccinated at maternity and child health clinics
Maternity and child health clinic clients are vaccinated at maternity and child health clinics by appointment during the period of 13–24 November. More information about vaccinations for maternity and child health clinic clients, school health care clients, students and other special groups is available here.(Link leads to external service)
Article was updated 25 October at 16.00: The appointment booking opens on 26 October in the afternoon.
Article was updated 2 November at 11.00: There are a limited number of vaccination appointments available in Maisa, vaccinations available without an appointment.