If the Koronavilkku app on your phone sends you an alert, it means you have potentially been exposed to the coronavirus. The app will provide you with instructions.
If you have any symptoms indicative of a coronavirus infection, please book a test. Persons with no symptoms will not be tested. However, please pay special attention to safety and monitor your health.
You will not be placed into quarantine based on the app’s alert. The Epidemiologic Operations Unit will contact you if the infection chain tracing determines you have been in close contact with an infected person.
If you have symptoms, get tested
If you have any symptoms potentially caused by a coronavirus infection, book a test by completing the symptom check-up on omaolo.fi or by calling the Coronavirus Helpline, tel. 09 310 10024 (available every day 8–18).
The symptoms of a coronavirus infection include:
- changes in the sense of smell or taste
- difficulties breathing
- cough, sore throat or stuffy or runny nose
- muscle pains
- stomach pains.
You will receive written instructions on what to do after the test at the testing appointment.
If you do not have symptoms, monitor your health
If the Koronavilkku app sends you an exposure alert, but you do not have symptoms indicative of a coronavirus infection, you do not need to seek out testing. You can also go to school or work. However, we recommend that you inform your employer of the alert. Employees of social services and healthcare should wear a surgical mask for 14 days after receiving the alert.
In addition to monitoring your health,
- avoid meeting other people
- take care of hand hygiene
- avoid public spaces and public transport. If you have to move about in public spaces, keep a distance of at least two metres from other people. If you cannot maintain safe distances, wear a mask.
- ask other people to take care of your grocery shopping and other errands outside the home, if possible
- cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing. Put the used tissue in a bin and wash your hands with water and soap or use hand sanitiser. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve.
- work remotely whenever possible.
More information is available on the website www.koronavilkku.fi/en.