Patient data of Helsinki residents may have fallen into wrong hands in connection with the data breach at Psychotherapy Centre Vastaamo. Help and support is available for the victims of the data breach (resources in Finnish).
- What to do if your data has been leaked (Victim Support Finland)
- The crisis helpline of the Finnish Association for Mental Health
- The church’s discussion support helpline
- The crisis helpline of Psychotherapy Centre Vastaamo
Although the data breach was not directed at data systems of the social and healthcare of the City of Helsinki, we would like to contribute to supporting our customers.
In Helsinki, help is available 24 hours a day
- from the telephone health advice, tel. 09 310 10023
- from the Crisis Emergency Support of the City of Helsinki, tel. 09 310 44222
We understand very well that the data breach is a source of great worry for those affected by it. Even the possibility of one’s own customer or patient data falling into wrong hands can cause strong anxiety.
Customer and patient data are always confidential. Confidentiality is a priority in all social and healthcare services, and it must never be compromised.
The customer data breach at Psychotherapy Centre Vastaamo is a very unfortunate event. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to seek out help and support.
The news was updated 28.10.2020. In the news it was clarified that the data breach was not directed at the data systems of the social and healthcare of the City of Helsinki.