The Myllypuro food distribution service, the community lunches offered by the parishes and many other Helsinki-based food distribution services have closed until further notice due to the coronavirus.
Compensatory food aid in the form of ready-made bags are distributed daily in different parts of the city, in order to ensure the availability of the essential food aid even in emergency conditions.
The distribution started on Monday 16 March and continues until further notice. The city of Helsinki and the parish union’s food aid development project are in charge of the co-ordination and transport of the emergency food bags.
Bags are distributed for as long as they last each day.
Distribution places and times
- St. Matthew Church Varustamo, Turunlinnantie 3, Itäkeskus, Mon.–Fri. starting 1:00 p.m.
- Malmi Varustamo, Pekanraitti 16, Mon.–Fri. starting 1:00 p.m.
- Hermanni diakoniatalo Varustamo, Hämeentie 73, Mon.–Fri. starting 1:00 p.m.
- Kontula Playground Kiikku, Kiikku 6, Mon.–Fri. starting 1:00 p.m.
- Malminkartano, activity center Jenny, Beckerintie 9, Mon. starting 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays Pitäjänmäki church, Turkismiehenkuja 4, Tue. starting 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays Munkkivuori church, Raumantie 3, Wed. starting 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays Huopalahti church, Vespertie 12, Thu. starting 2:00 p.m.
- Andreaskyrkan, Korkeavuorenkatu 22A, Thu. starting 4:30 p.m.