The City of Helsinki has produced material on coronavirus recommendations and health services in several different languages. Many other public authorities have also issued multilingual material in response to the covid-19 outbreak in Finland.
News from the City of Helsinki in Finnish, Swedish, English and Russian
Municipal news items related to the coronavirus are posted regularly on the City of Helsinki website www.hel.fi in Finnish, Swedish, English and Russian. The website also features up-to-date information on various municipal health services.
Information on the coronavirus in Finnish
Information on the coronavirus in Swedish
Information on the coronavirus in English
Information on the coronavirus in Russian
Material in other languages
If you think you have the coronavirus
Instructions for what to do if you suspect you have contracted the covid-19 coronavirus can be found on the Finnish, Swedish English and Russian website pages mentioned above.
For instructions in French, Somali, Turkish, Kurdish (Sorani), Arabic and Dari, please click on the following links:
- Toimi näin, jos epäilet saaneesi koronavirustartunnan
- What to do, if you suspect you have contracted the coronavirus
If you are under quarantine
If you were exposed to the coronavirus, you may be asked to quarantine yourself to stop the spread of the epidemic. Quarantines can break the chain of infection and slow down the rate of contagion.
Instructions for what to do if you are under quarantine can be found on the Finnish, Swedish, English and Russian website pages mentioned above.
For instructions in French, Somali, Turkish, Kurdish (Sorani), Arabic and Dari, please click on the following link:
The City of Helsinki has produced a series of videos in Arabic, English, Russian and Somali that provide information on precautions you can take against the coronavirus, new school and day care arrangements, and what you need to do if you are entering the country from abroad. You can watch them on the city’s official YouTube channel via the link below.
Official nationwide information
National guidelines from the THL health authority
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) will send its guidelines on the covid-19 coronavirus by post to every home in Finland this spring. The material contains instructions for how to protect yourself and your family from infection and how to care for someone who is ill at home.
The material is already available in several languages on the THL website, at the link below.
InfoFinland provides links to information from several public authorities
The state of emergency that was called in response to the coronavirus outbreak has caused changes to public services in Finland. Several authorities have published material on covid-19 in different languages. Links to nationwide information that has been translated into multiple languages can be found at the InfoFinland.fi website, a source of important information on Finland in a dozen languages.
Information about the novel coronavirus: Stay at home and practice good hygiene - Pysyttele kotona ja muista hyvä käsi- ja yskimishygienia
- Pysyttele kotona ja muista hyvä käsi- ja yskimishygienia
- Stay at home and practice good hygiene
- ابق في المنزل وتذكر النظافة الصحية الجيدة
- در خانه بمانيد و به رعايت نظافت و بهداشت دست ها و سرفه کردن،
- در خانه بمانيد و به رعايت نظافت و بهداشت، دست ها و سرفه کردن،
- Agahdariya li ser vîrûsa korona: Li malê bimînin û tenduristiya baş pêk bînin
- नोभेल कोरोनाभाइरससम्बन्धी जानकारी घरमा रहनुहोस् र सरसफाइको ध्यान दिनुहोस्
- Ku ekaw ama joog gurigaaga xasuusana nadaafadda
- زانیاری دەربارەی کۆرۆنا ڤایڕۆس نوێ: لھ ماڵھوە بمێنھوە و بھباشی مھشقی پاکوخاوێنی بکھ
- ข้อมูลเกี่ยวกับเชื้อไวรัสโคโรนาสายพันธุ์ใหม่ อยู่ที่บ้านและรักษาสุขอนามัยที่ดี
- Yeni tip koronavirüs hakkında bilgilendirme: Evde kalın ve temizliğe özen gösterin
- Оставайтесь дома и помните о гигиене
- Thông tin về virus corona mới: Hãy ở nhà và giữ vệ sinh sạch sẽ
- Püsi kodus ja pea meeles hoolikat käte- ja köhimise hügieeni
Photo: Marja Väänänen, City of Helsinki