The application for City of Helsinki Research Grants, totalling 73,000 euros, is open. The research grants are intended for post-graduate students with a Master’s or equivalent degree, working on doctoral or licentiate theses. Junior post doc researchers are also encouraged to apply.
The criteria for awarding the grant are the scientific quality of the research plan, its feasibility and the significance of the research topic for the City of Helsinki.
Grants may be awarded for research focusing on:
• issues related to urbanisation and its effects,
• City economy and preconditions for business operations,
• organisation and evaluation of services produced or ordered by the city,
• living environment, well-being, history and urban life in Helsinki, or
• issues related to economic and cultural dynamism and internationalisation in Helsinki
• The city´s recovery from the social, economic and/or health crisis (how to turn the crisis into opportunity).
All applications, including a research plan, CV and possible references must arrive by 23:59 hrs on 4 March, 2021.
Submit the application to:
Helsingin kaupunginkirjaamo, Tutkimusapurahat, PL 10, 00099 HELSINGIN KAUPUNKI.
Visiting address: City Hall, Pohjoisesplanadi 11-13
The application form can be found on the internet or ordered by phone, 09 310 36298.
For further information, contact research director Katja Vilkama, tel. 050-4028 766