The centralised contraceptive advice service serves all Helsinki residents
Contact the centralised contraceptive advice service in all the situations listed below.
- Installing a IUD (intrauterine device)
- if you have not given birth
- if you gave birth less than six month ago
- if your latest birth was a caesarean section
- if installing the IUD at the Health Station did not work.
- Removing a IUD, if it did not succeed at a Health Station
- Inserting and removing a birth control implant
- You are considering an abortion
- and you are under 18 years old
- or you are under 20 years old and have had a previous abortion.
- Problems with contraception
You can also contact the centralised contraceptive advice service in situations where finding a suitable contraceptive method is difficult due to underlying medical conditions, your social situation or previous issues with contraception.
Centralised contraceptive advice service is open
Mon–Thu from 8:00 to 20:00, Fri from 8:00 to 16:00
Notice! The centralised contraceptive advice service will be closed between 12 and 25 July, during which time clients are asked to visit their local health stations in urgent matters.
When you call the centralised contraceptive advice service, a public health nurse will take your call. You will be given advice on contraception or an appointment will be booked for you with a public health nurse or a doctor.
Our telephone service is open from Monday to Thursday from 8:00 to 14:00 and on Fridays from 8:00 to 12:00, tel. (0)9 310 45566.
We have a call-back service. If we are not able to take your call immediately, your phone number will be recorded and a nurse will call you back as soon as possible.
Start using Maisa!
Social and health care services with you wherever you go
Maisa is a new digital channel for customers of social and health care services in Helsinki.
You can familiarize yourself with Maisa on the web at maisa.fi or download the free Maisa mobile app on your phone via the iOS or Android app store!
Note! The health care staff will reply to messages sent in Maisa within three workdays.
Open: Mon–Thu 8:00–20:00, Fri 8:00–16:00
Street address: Kalasatama Health and Well-being Centre, Työpajankatu 14 A, 00580 Helsinki
Advice service and appointment booking: Mon–Thu 8:00–14:00, Fri 8:00–12:00, tel. 09 310 45566.
If you would like to know more about contraception, you can contact your health station or the centralised contraceptive advisory service.
More information on contraception is also available
on the Contraceptive methods site (in Finnish).
Through the following links, you can find more information about matters related to sexual health.
- Preliminary information form, Preliminary information on contraception (rtf)
- Electronic services of social services and health care
- Anonymous HIV testing
- Examination and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- The Family Federation of Finland provides information on family, population and sexual health matters.
Go to the pages of the Family Federation.