A centralised contraceptive advice service serves all Helsinki residents
Contact the centralised contraceptive advice service in all the situations listed below.
- Installing a coil
- if you have not given birth
- if you gave birth less than six month ago
- if your latest birth was a caesarean section
- if installing the coil at the Health Station did not work.
- Removing a coil, if it did not succeed at a Health Station
- Inserting and removing a birth control implant
- You are considering an abortion
- and you are under 18 years old
- or you are under 20 years old and have had a previous abortion.
- Problems with contraception
You can also contact the centralised contraceptive advice service in situations where finding a suitable contraceptive method is difficult due to underlying medical conditions, your social situation or previous issues with contraception.
Centralised contraceptive advice service is open
Mon–Thu from 8:00 to 20:00, Fri from 8:00 to 16:00
When you call the centralised contraceptive advice service, a public health nurse will take your call. You will be given advice on contraception or an appointment will be booked for you with a public health nurse or a doctor.
Our telephone service is open from Monday to Thursday from 8:00 to 14:00 and on Fridays from 8:00 to 12:00, tel. (0)9 310 45566.
We have a call-back service. If we are not able to take your call immediately, your phone number will be recorded and a nurse will call you back as soon as possible.
Open: Mon–Thu 8:00–20:00, Fri 8:00–16:00
Street address: Kalasatama Health and Well-being Centre, Työpajankatu 14 A, 00580 Helsinki
Advice service and appointment booking: Mon–Thu 8:00–14:00, Fri 8:00–12:00
tel. (0)9 310 45566
If you would like to know more about contraception, you can contact your health station or the centralised contraceptive advisory service.
More information on contraception is also available
on the Contraceptive methods site (in Finnish).
Through the following links, you can find more information about matters related to sexual health.
- Preliminary information form, Preliminary information on contraception (rtf)
- Electronic services of the contraceptive advice service
- Electronic services of social services and health care
- Anonymous HIV testing
- Examination and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- The Family Federation of Finland provides information on family, population and sexual health matters.
Go to the pages of the Family Federation.