Toinen linja 4 A
P.O. Box 6000, 00099 City of Helsinki
+358 9 310 5015
Show on map
Itäkatu family centre
Address: Itäkatu 11, 00930 Helsinki
Entrance: Tallinnanaukio 1
Itäkatu Family Centre – Helsinki’s family services are developing
The Itäkatu Family Centre in Itäkeskus, Helsinki, has started its operations at Tallinnanaukio 1. The Family Centre’s location is easily accessible for families with children moving around with prams or pushchairs: metro and bus stops are right next to the building.
The first family centre in Helsinki brings together services for children and families under one roof, ranging from preventative services to treatment services. This ensures comprehensive support to families, in accordance with their needs.
In addition to this, employees from other service centres visit the Family Centre, when the clients require their services, which can include, e.g. adult social work or substance abuse and mental health care services for adults.
Services offered at home include home services, family work and social care work for families with children.
From the Family Centre, the clients receive the necessary
- maternity and child health clinic services
- maternity and child health clinic psychologist services
- preventative services of oral health for children and young people
- children's speech therapy
- physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- upbringing and family guidance services
- child welfare services
- services for the disabled
- home service for families with children
- social care services for families with children.
The family centre is open Mon–Thu 7–20 and Fri 7-18. House calls are also made during the opening hours, ask more from your service.
Note! Opening hours during the municipal sector strike 3.–9.5.2022 Mon–Fri 7–18.
The maternity and child health clinic is open Mon–Thu 7–19 and Fri 9–18.
Other services may also be available in the evenings. Please, ask the service in question directly.