Books and reading
Reading develops the child’s thinking and imagination. Books, comics and magazines are available both in printed form and as electronic e-books and e-zines. More and more books are also available as audiobooks.
You can encourage your child to read in many ways.
- You can read together.
- You can challenge your child to work on a reading diploma (in Finnish).
- You can also borrow books or comic books related to interesting movies or games.
You can also find magazines related to the child’s interests at the Helmet libraries, for example.
Have a look at the selection offered by Helmet libraries:
- The Kirjasampo page (in Finnish) also has books categorised by topic.
- Plenty of events. For example, library dogs who love to hear children reading them stories.
- Here, you can access the event search.