The purpose of maternity guidance is to promote the health of expectant mothers, foetuses and newborn babies and to foster and maintain the health and wellness of the entire family. A public health nurse and a physician monitor the progress of pregnancy by means of regular check-ups. The number of visits to the maternity clinic and of home visits depends on the individual needs and requirements of the mother and the family.
How do I become a client with the maternity and child health clinic?
The maternity and child health clinic’s electronic services
You can use the electronic services to
- make an appointment with a maternity clinic nurse
- send a message or request that your own nurse contact you
- reschedule or cancel appointments online
- receive text message reminders of your appointments
- In order to access these online services, you must first become a maternity and child health clinic client and sign an electronic service agreement
More information about the electronic services of maternity and child health clinics
The clinic’s centralised phone service
The centralised telephone service of the maternity and child health clinics 09 3105 5530 is available Mon–Fri 8–14. Your call will be registered in the call-back service, and a nurse will return your call. If you cannot answer the first return call, we will call you a second time.
By calling this number, you can:
- make an appointment for a maternity and child health clinic public health nurse
- cancel a maternity and child health clinic appointment
- ask for advice from a public health nurse.
In matters concerning your own or your child’s illness, please contact a health station.
You can also ask for treatment instructions and information about Helsinki’s health services from the health information and advice number 09 3101 0023 (24/7).
Read more on the Maternity and child health guidance page.