1. Make your first appointment with a maternity and child health clinic by calling 09 310 555 30, Mon–Fri between 8 am and 2 pm, as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test result.
2. Remember to mention any illnesses you might have or medication you are currently taking when making an appointment. With questions concerning your medication, contact the HUS Teratology Information Service at 09 4717 6500, weekdays from 9 am to noon, or your own physician.
3. If the pregnancy is unwanted, please contact your health station.
4. Once you have made an appointment with a maternity and child health clinic, fill out a History data for the maternal welfare clinic form. You can print out the form from the link below, and take with you on your first appointment with a maternity and child health clinic.
Alternatively, you can fill out the form in Finnish at asiointi.hel.fi.
To use the maternity and child health clinic's e-services, you will need to fill out a consent form at asiointi.hel.fi.
6. If you are a first-time mother, please read the information on pregnancy and childbirth provided on this website