1. Make your first appointment with a maternity and child health clinic as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test result. Information on how to contact maternity and child health clinics here.
2. Remember to mention any illnesses you might have or medication you are currently taking when making an appointment. With questions concerning your medication, contact the HUS Teratology Information Service at 09 4717 6500, or your own physician.
3. If the pregnancy is unwanted, please contact your health station.
4. Once you have made an appointment with a maternity and child health clinic, fill out a History data for the maternal welfare clinic form. You can print out the form from the link below, and take with you on your first appointment with a maternity and child health clinic.
6. If you are a first-time mother, please read the information on pregnancy and childbirth provided on this website