Where to find support with breastfeeding?
Various types of support are available for breastfeeding, and here is a list of a few of them:
- The website of Imetyksen tuki ry, and their Facebook support group Imetyksen tuki
- Imetyksen tuki ry's peer support groups (in Finnish)
Support from professionals
- The City of Helsinki’s breastfeeding support groups (in Finnish)
- Nurses at the maternity and child health clinic
- The maternity hospitals’ outpatient clinics with babies under 2 weeks of age
- The City of Helsinki’s advice via phone
It is important to seek outside help with breastfeeding problems. You can contact the maternity and child health clinic with any and all questions regarding your child’s well-being and nutrition.