EU Digital COVID Certificate can be obtained from My Kanta
The EU Digital COVID Certificate consists of three different certificates:
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate,
- a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test result,
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19.
You can get the EU Digital COVID Certificate conveniently from the My Kanta service.
The COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be available in My Kanta as soon as you have received the vaccination. The certificate will show the name of the most recent vaccine received, the date of administration and the number of vaccine doses. If you have received two vaccines, only the name of the second vaccine dose will be shown.
The certificate of a negative COVID-19 test result will be updated on My Kanta once the test results are ready.My Kanta will show your latest test result first.
The certificate of recovery from COVID-19 is submitted to My Kanta when the disease is confirmed with a positive PCR test result. A lateral flow test (an antigen test) result is not sufficient as proof of an infection.
The information described above will be transferred to My Kanta within approximately five days.
How to obtain an EU Digital COVID Certificate through My Kanta
To obtain a certificate from My Kanta, follow the instructions below:
- Log in to the My Kanta service from the kanta.fi page with your own means of identification, such as online banking IDs or a mobile certificate.
- From the menu on the left, select Koronatodistus (COVID-19 certificate). You can also find a link to the certificate section on the home page of My Kanta.
- To get a certificate, click on the link
“Avaa koronarokotustodistus” (Open a COVID-19 vaccination certificate),
”Avaa testitulostodistus“ (Open a certificate of a negative COVID-19 test result), or
“Avaa sairastamistodistus” (Open a certificate of recovery from COVID-19).
If you have a certificate, it will open in a new tab in pdf format.
- Save the PDF file on your phone or print the certificate on paper. That way you will have the certificate when you need it.
Another adult may be authorised to use My Kanta on your own behalf if you are unable to do it yourself.
The EU Digital COVID Certificate has information in Finnish, Swedish and English.
If the certificates do not appear in My Kanta
- If the certificates do not appear in My Kanta, contact the vaccine provider. If you received the vaccine at a vaccination point in Helsinki, visit the vaccination point. They will find out why your vaccinations are not visible in Omakanta.
- If you have taken a coronavirus test at a private health care centre and the test result does not show up on My Kanta, please contact the centre that carried out the test.
- In other situations where the certificates do not appear in My Kanta, please visit a Helsinki vaccination centre.
If you are unable to use My Kanta, you can obtain your certificate from a vaccination point
The EU Digital COVID Certificate can be printed out at the vaccination point against an personal ID or KELA card. The certificate will be printed at the vaccination centre only if it is not possible to print out or save on your own device via My Kanta in any other way.
You do not need to make an appointment to print the certificates. The best time for getting the certificate is weekdays between 12:00-15:00.
Vaccination certificates are not available from health stations and cannot be ordered by telephone.
COVID Certificate for a person with a temporary personal identity number
At present, it is not possible to issue an official EU Digital COVID Certificate to persons who do not have a Finnish personal identity number. This will be possible nationwide at the end of August.
If a person has received a corona vaccination at a Helsinki vaccination centre, or has been tested for coronavirus within the public sector in Helsinki, he or she may be given another certificate from the vaccination centre. The certificate contains the same information as the EU Digital COVID Certificate, but does not contain a QR code. However, a certificate from the vaccination centre might not be valid as a travel document.
Is the certificate valid when travelling?
Every country has its own rules when it comes to certificates required for entry. Check the certification requirements in your destination country before your departure. You can view the certificates required by the various EU countries on the EU website.