English-language classes are a part of the Maunula Primary school that has pupils from 1st to 6th grade.
The English-language classes are intended for seven to twelve-year-old English-speaking children living temporarily or permanently in Finland and for those Finnish children returning to Finland from abroad.
Those wishing to enrol in English-language classes have to take an aptitude test in English skills. The aptitude tests are held every January/February (grade 1) and August (grades 2 to 6, and grade 1 who have moved to Helsinki after the February test date or who have not taken the English Skills 1 test in another municipality).
Application for aptitude test for English language classes at Maunula Primary School in 2020
Pupils are admitted to Maunula Primary School's English language classes on the basis of an aptitude test.
The test for grade 1 was held in February, and the results have been sent out.
The test for grades 2 to 6, and grade 1 for applicants who were not residents of Helsinki at the time of the test in February, will be on the 6th of August, 2020.
Enrollment for aptitude test on August is open until 12th June 2020.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, you cannot pick up or deliver the registration form to your school of choice in person. You can download the enrollment form here under.
You can send the form via secure email, which requires that you verify your identity with a bank code, mobile ID, or an official ID card that contains a chip. This identity verification acts as your signature on the form. Here are the instruction for downloading and sending the enrolment form:
Filling in the enrolment form
- Download the enrollment form of your need from above and save it to your computer.
- Close the web browser’s window that shows the opened enrollment form.
- Open the saved form.
- Fill in the needed information, then save it under the pupil’s name (form: lastname_firstname)
- Close and reopen the form. Check that changes have been saved. Close the form.
- Sending the form
1. Click the link: Send the enrolment form via secure email
2. Add your email address to the field titled Lähettäjä, and proceed to verify your identity.
3. After you have verified your identity successfully, you will reach page titled: Uusi viesti.
- Add the name of the school in which your child is applying to the field titled Aihe
- In the lower corner, click Valitse tiedostot.
- Search for the file (titled lastname_firstname) that you just saved on your computer and choose it as your attachment by clicking on Liitä.
- To finish, click Lähetä.
You can send the form by mail to schools address:
Maunulan ala-aste, c/o Leena Saarinen, PL 63302, 00099 Helsingin kaupunki
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
1. How my to English ?
An per for .
Priority will be given to Helsinki residents, but everyone can apply.
to to ?
A of English is to and to on .
no , English .
is in ?
1 and . to
to . to 2 to 6 in and .
my for 1 August 2020?
, 4th of 2020.
my is on of ?
Inform us on on of . to a
6. By I to an for , 1 ?
Within the application period.
my is not a resident of Helsinki at of 1 ?
In case, you can take the English Skills 1 test in Helsinki, but we advise you take it in your municipality of
where you are resident, because only Helsinki candidates will be offered a place in the spring.
If your child has taken a different test in another municipality, for example, the Language Readiness test, and you want to still apply to Maunula, your child can participate in the August English Skills 1 test.
is 1st of to 12th of 2020.
my to 2 to 6?
for 2-6 in August 2020, on as
for outside of Helsinki, who have not taken the English Skills 1 test in February.
9. Can I home is in Helsinki on the day of the test?
Yes, but priority will be given to candidates from Helsinki. We will only offer places to candidates from outside
of Helsinki who take the test in February, after we get the results in August.
10. Can my child in Espoo Vantaa and to to Maunula School?
Yes, if the test your child takes is the English skills 1 test.
11. Can I to Maunula and Ressu ?
No. This year you can only apply to one school on the application form. After the test it is possible to inquire
about places in Ressu or Maunula that have not been filled.
12. How I my ?
By post: Maunulan ala-aste, c/o Leena Saarinen, PL 63302, 00099 Helsingin kaupunki or to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
is to Maunula and Ressu on ?
and for for , for .
to on .
14.My Ressu, he/ a , my
a at Maunula?
No. Information will be given about possible available places after the test.
my for Maunula?
an for at Maunula?
No. Not regarding the August test.
18. at ?
At 80% of is in English.
at . 3 , some in . .
19. How for ?
Through of . Read and to in English.
20. a , and ?
to to . some
22. my to 1?
23. How many places are available?
This is unknown at this point in time. Places are generally very limited.
24. By what date do I need an address in Helsinki before the February test, to be considered a Helsinki resident?