The Bilingual Program at our school
Laajasalo Comprehensive school offers a bilingual program (Finnish-English). During the school year 2019-2020 bilingual program is offered in grade 1, in 2020-2021 bilingual program is offered in grades 1 and 2, growing further each year.
In the bilingual program about half of the instruction is given through Finnish and half in English, and languages are taught mainly through the content of other subjects.
Children wishing to enroll the bilingual program must take an aptitude test either in Finnish or English.
The aptitude test is held annually in January or February.
Children moving to Helsinki after January can apply by taking an aptitude test held on 6.8.
Children wishing to apply to 2nd grade can apply by taking an aptitude test on 6.8. In this test, both English and Finnish skills are tested at a grade level.
Application forms should be sent to the school secretary by 12.6.
1st grade (in Englisth)
2-9 grade (in English)
Enrollment for aptitude test in August is open until 12th June 2020. Due to the coronavirus outbreak, you cannot pick up or deliver the registration form to your school of choice in person. You can download the enrollment form here under.
You can send the form via secure email, which requires that you verify your identity with a bank code, mobile ID, or an official ID card that contains a chip. This identity verification acts as your signature on the form. Here are the instruction for downloading and sending the enrollment form:
Filling in the enrollment form
Download the enrollment form of your need from above and save it to your computer.
2. Close the web browser’s window that shows the opened enrollment form.
3. Open the saved form.
4. Fill in the needed information, then save it under the pupil’s name (form: lastname_firstname).
5. Close and reopen the form. Check that changes have been saved. Close the form.
Sending the form
1. Click the link: Send the enrollment form via secure email.
2. Add your email address to the field titled Lähettäjä, and proceed to verify your identity.
3. After you have verified your identity successfully, you will reach page titled: Uusi viesti.
· Add the name of the school in which your child is applying to the field titled Aihe
· In the lower corner, click Valitse tiedostot.
· Search for the file (titled lastname_firstname) that you just saved on your computer and choose it as your attachment by clicking on Liitä.
· To finish, click Lähetä.
You can send the form by mail to schools address
Laajasalon peruskoulu, Alatalo
Further information about the bilingual program: Tiia Thurén (email@example.com)