Getting involved in the programme
19 Feb 2021
NOTE! We're currently in the process of developing the Re-thinking Urban Housing programme, and are therefore not accepting applications at the moment. Possible changes will be published during 2021.
Special Planner Riikka Karjalainen
City Executive Office, Economic Development and Planning Division
Tel. +358 (0)9 310 36242
riikka.karjalainen (at) hel.fi
Progress of a Re-thinking Urban Housing project:
- The project idea is created
- Coordinator of the Re-thinking Urban Housing programme is contacted
- Meeting with the programme working group and sparring
- Working group supports the project
- The project submits an application to enter the programme and also applies for a plot as necessary. The application form follows the project from start of the construction project to the finish.
- City Board’s decision on the plot
- The project is initiated and progresses in the same way as other housing construction projects
- The project is included in the regional working group
- The project is completed
- Final reporting and follow-up. The final report describes the construction process, its challenges and successes in terms of the development idea. As an example, the follow-up report(s) can describe the experiences of residents once a specific length of time has passed after completion.
A project can also progress through another channel: the city can organise a competition around the desired development theme. This was done in the context of the Yhteistyöllä kohtuuhintaisuuteen (Reasonable prices through cooperation) competition, for example, as a result of which two affordable blocks of flats are under construction in different parts of the city.