Choosing a health station and a nurse-doctor work team
As a Helsinki resident, you have been appointed a health station, on the basis of your residential area. If you wish, you can change your health station in Helsinki or choose another health station from another municipality.
If you have long-term illnesses or take regular medication, we recommend that you choose a nurse-doctor work team, in order to improve the continuance of your treatment. You will get the contact information of your work team, which will enable you to contact your nurse directly, when necessary.
What should I do if I want to change my health station or choose a nurse-doctor work team?
Contact the health station of your choice, notification by phone or at the location will suffice.
Express your work team selection, which will then be taken into account, if possible.
The contact information of health stations is available on the following Internet pages:
- Health stations in alphabetical order
- Health stations of residential districts
- Find your health station, according to your address
- Health stations on the Helsinki service map
Comparison data, concerning the health stations of Helsinki
- Access rate to treatment (in Finnish)
- Customer satisfaction with the health station services (in Finnish)
What should I do, if I want to change the municipality providing my health station services?
According to the Health Care Act, you may also choose the municipality that provides your health station services, in which case, you commit to the choice for one year. Use the form for changing the health station:
- Announcement of changing a health station -form (.pdf)
- Announcement of changing a health station -form (.rtf)
In addition to health station services, your choice also covers maternity clinic services, dental care services, treatment equipment distribution services, rehabilitation services and short-term care services at health centre hospitals.
If you change the municipality that provides your health services, please fill in two copies of the form for changing the health station. Send one copy to your current health station and the other to your new health station.
What should I do if I want to change my family clinic or the public health nurse at my current clinic?
A family receives all family clinic services from one clinic. If you want to change your appointed public health nurse at the clinic, you can announce your choice when you visit the clinic. This choice lasts, at least, one year.
If you want to change your family clinic, bring it up during your appointment at the clinic or when making an appointment through the centralised reservation centre (tel. +358(0)9 310 55530). Verbal notification by phone is sufficient.
If you wish, you can also use the changing form for family clinics/public health nurse (link below) You can print the form through the link below or pick it up from the office of the closest health station or request one from your current public health nurse. Deliver the completed form to the office of the closest health station or send it to the address mentioned on the form.
● Form “Announcement of choosing a family clinic/public health nurse (Te-033): rtf | pdf
● Health clinics in alphabetical order
● Health stations and family clinics on the Helsinki service map
Additional information on the execution of the Health Care Act
● Additional information on the execution of the Health Care Act from the Internet pages of the National Institute for Health and Welfare.