Rehabilitation and therapies
The ability of a patient to function is maintained and improved with rehabilitation. Needs for rehabilitation are usually assessed by a doctor at a health station, psychiatric clinic or City Hospital unit, which can also provide rehabilitation services.
Often rehabilitation needs require special skills. In this case the patient receives special rehabilitation services. The rehabilitation centre provides the following services for Helsinki residents:
- Rehabilitation clinics (by appointment): physiatrics, rehabilitation, geriatrics/memory disorders
- Rehabilitation planning and aids and equipment
- Physical therapy
Kallio Health Station’s physiotherapy unit and the Herttoniemi occupational therapy unit are moving to the Kalasatama Health and Well-being Centre at Työpajankatu 14 A on 5 February 2018.
The Health and Well-being Centre’s rehabilitation services will be spread across several floors. The automated self-registration machines in the lobby will guide you to the right floor.
Please always use lift B. Our service numbers and times will remain the same as before.
Connections (see Kalasatama map)
- By metro, Kalasatama metro station is next to the centre.
- By bus, route 26 (stops in front of the building), routes 58 and 59 (Itäväylä stop), routes 55 and 56 (Työpajankatu stop).
- By car, the Health and Well-being Centre does not have a parking area, there are parking spaces available at Capellan puistotie.
See you in February in Kalasatama!