Map sales and permits
The City of Helsinki has a full copyright to its cartographic materials and products. The basic products can be ordered according the current price list. Some map data is available without cost and some material is available as open data.
The City map materials are utilized in a wide variety of web services as background maps. Maps published on the Web can be browsed. They can also be linked to from external pages.
Further information and permits
Maps, permits for use, publication permits and tailored cartographic products can be ordered by email from the address: karttatilaukset (at) hel.fi
Requests for information about the materials, fees and delivery times can be sent to the same e-mail address. Telephone inquiries: +358-9 310 22111.
Orders for digital map materials should include the following information:
- Ordered materials specified
- Geographic information and the scope of the requested map (for example, street address, real estate number or the requested area marked on a map and attached to the order)
- Requested file format (for example, DGN, DWG, TAB, SHP, TIF, JPG, PNG or PDF)
- Coordinate and height information system. Default: ETRS-GK25 (EPSG:3879) and N2000 height system.
- Contact information
- Method and address of delivery
- Invoicing information including corporate or personal identification code
In the event that the requested material is used in a publication (a printed publication, online publication or other), a written permit is required. A permit application form can be requested with the order, and the fulfilled and signed form should be returned to the Map Office by mail or fax.
The Urban Environment Division, City survey services, Map Office
tel. +358-9 310 22111
e-mail karttatilaukset.kmo (at) hel.fi
Handling and delivery of maps and geographic information are charged according to fees confirmed annually. More details (in finnish only)