Skip to content

Daycare centre outdoor areas

Daycare centres can use City-owned parks as play areas or rent public areas for use as additional yards.

The use of a City-owned park or a part thereof as a play area is subject to an access agreement with the City. The access agreement is made for a fixed term.

A daycare centre or other operator can also rent a public area for use as an additional yard, in which case the area is reserved exclusively for the use of the daycare centre. The rental agreement is a fixed-term agreement with a maximum term of 10 years.

Access to a park or the renting of an area is assessed on a case-by-case basis.

How do you apply?

An access agreement and the renting of an additional yard are both applied for using the application form (pdf). The application must be submitted via e-mail to the address


What does it cost?

  • Access to a park or play area is granted free of charge.
  • The pricing of additional yard areas is based on zones – please refer to the zone map (pdf)
    • zones 1 and 2: EUR 0.17/m²/month
    • zone 3: EUR 0.13/m²/month.

Good to know

  • Due to the high usage rates of public playgrounds and parks, access cannot always be granted to the primary play area applied for by a daycare centre.
  • The Education Division provides advice on what other permits are needed to establish a daycare centre.
  • The lease agreement is terminated by submitting a written notice of termination (pdf).
  • If you need to have changes made to the agreement, contact the inspectors.

Contact information

If necessary, you can contact the inspectors (pdf) who handle land renting matters by phone on weekdays 10:00–11:30 or by e-mail

15.05.2020 11:08