Skip to content

Permits for public areas

People in the Esplanade park

Organising an outdoor event, opening a terrace, excavation work, advertising in public city spaces, maintaining a mobile food kiosk, placing a demountable container on the street – these and many other operations in public areas require a permit from the City.

If you wish to rent space on a street or in a plaza or park, please refer to the information provided on this website and contact the Land Use and Monitoring unit of the Urban Environment Division. 

Building and landscaping permits can be applied for via Building Control Services.

Photo: Seppo Laakso, City of Helsinki Media Bank

19.03.2020 09:11