In Porkkala, which is part of Kirkkonummi, about 35 km west of Helsinki by boat, 45 km by car
- contacts will be updated later
- recreation area office next to the parking lot
- signs in the parking lot and marina
Take the Helsinki-Hanko road and turn onto Porkkalantie to Porkkalanniemi. Continue for 18.5 km. The parking lot is in the northern part of the Lähteelä area, from which there is a marked trail about 1.5 km long to the shore.
See Western Gulf of Finland chart series B, page 721
Bus from Helsinki to Porkkala about 0.4 km from Lähteelä.
The Lähteelä outdoor recreation area includes a mainland section and a large group of islands. The terrain is varied, with rushes, rocky shores, hills and fields. There are good basic services but the area is suitable for roughing it and bird watching. The area is open year round.
Off the coast are the islands of Stora Svartö and Lilla Svartö, among others. The distance to Stora Svartö is about 1 kilometre. The island has two rocky outcrops that rise about 20 metres above sea level. The outdoor recreation area was established in 1970. It covers 134 hectares plus 992 hectares of water.
- In guest harbour are 50 places, 20 of them are moorings
- maintenance dock (near a well), leasable small boat moorings with right to use slipway and small boat berths for rent
- 50 boat rings on Stora Svartö
- Only cashpayment
- wood-heated sauna, max 10 persons €35/1½ hours, reservations tel. 040 827 8310
- electrically heated sauna, max 6 persons €20/1 hour, reservations tel. 040 827 8310
- Rowing-boats for rent €3 / h, €15 / day
- Camping allowed on the mainland or on the islands of Stora Svartö, Utterböte, Östra Styrskär and Södergrund, which also have toilets. Tent fee €15 day, €150/ month, €300/season, tent storage fee €5 / month, tent platform storage in winter €8. Taking down tent in outdoor recreation area (supervisor) €18, disassembling tent platform (supervisor) €45
- Cooking shelters in mainland and Stora Svartö, many wells
- Recreation and hiking; many hiking trails
- Bird towers in mainland and Utterböts island
- Good possibilities for fishing, angling, spinning and jigging allowed in recreational area, city or provincial licence required for spinning
- The nearest shop in Dragersviken (about 2 km), open only in summer, also has fuel
- Winter; roads are snow-plowed, wells are kept working, grill shelters are in use, access to the outer islands is restricted by the winter channel (depth 9 m)