Kaunissaari recreation island
Kaunissaari offers a marina in a small bay on the eastern shore of the island, and the operator Norsöline operates the line from Vuosaari. The island has cabins and boats up for rent and a nature path allows the visitors to admire the island’s nature. Additionally, the island has five cooking shelters for campers as well as the Kaunissaari restaurant. Kaunissaari is an island 2 kilometres long and 800 meters wide with diverse flora and fauna and excellent fishing waters. The island has both rocky and stony beaches as well as amazing sandy beaches. The Kaunissaari recreational park was established in 1959. The region’s surface area is 11 hectares and the water areas comprise 790 hectares.
Kaunissaari lies about 22 km last from Helsinki in Sipoo, almost out in the open sea.
Information and booking
- Reception tel. 09 310 71445
- Island superintendent Petri Pärni, tel. 09 310 71444
From mid-May to mid-September there are boat services to Kaunissaari from Vuosaari. The trip takes about 60 minutes.
Kaunissaari is 2 km long and 800 m wide. It has rocky shores and sandy beaches. The area has plenty of fauna and flora and offers good fishing. The Kaunissaari Recreational Park was established in 1959. It covers 100 hectares plus about 790 hectares of water.
Enquiries and cabin reservations
NB! Kaunissaari rental cabins sold out for the 2018 summer season.
Enquiries and reservations starting 9 April 2018, weekdays 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. tel. 09 310 71445
- 9 - 10 April 2018 week reservations only, 11 April 2018 weekend reservations only and 13 — 14 April 2018 day reservations
can be booked from 1.6.— 2.9. 2018
- Price €100/day (12.00 - 10.00), €200/weekend (Fri 18.00 - Sun 16.00), €350/week (Sun 18.00 - Sun 16.00)
The Taxi Cabin
can be booked from 1.6. — 2.9.2018
- Price €80/day (Sun 18.00 - Sun 16.00), €160/weekend (Fri 18.00 - Sun 16.00.), €320/week (Sun 18.00 - Sun 16.00).
The Harbour Cabin
can be booked from 1.6. - 2.9.2018
- Price €120/day €360/week (Sun 18.00 - Sun 16.00), €1,300/month for groups.
Sauna enquiries and reservations tel. 09 310 71445
The restoration of the bookable sauna continues during spring 2017. Reservations of the family sauna are accepted as of 13 May 2017.
- for 30 persons
- €243 / 3 hours
- last turn ends at 22.00
- dressing room/fireplace room next to sauna
- for 6 persons
- €51 / turn (1.5 hours)
- last turn ends at 22.00
- adults €4.50
- children €2.50
- Landing stages in a sheltered spot on the eastern shore of the island, depth of harbours is 1.9 m. 80 boat places, charge €13 / boat, season fee €150 (no right to regular boat place)
- Camping not allowed on Saunaniemi or within 100 m of buildings, charge €15 / day, €150 / month, €300 / season
- 5 Cooking shelters with running water and toilet, open fires are not allowed elsewhere
- Restaurant, information, tel. 0400 721 722
- 1 well-tended beaches
- Rowing-boats for rent, charges €3 / h
- Nature trail, about 4 km long, marked, not wheelchair accessible
- Fishing allowed, fishing permits are required except for angling and icefishing
There are three cabins up for rent in Kaunissaari.