Helsinki also provides free boat parking spaces, where the boat can be parked for two to four hours. The places managed by the Sports Department are at Eläintarhanlahti in Kaisaniemi (6 boat spaces), at Hietalahdenallas (3 boat spaces), close to Kauppatori (25 boat spaces) and at the recreational islands.
These berths are intended for quick visits. Usually boats cannot stay more than 2 - 4 hours.
Free berths managed by the Sports Department
- Kaisaniemi/Eläintarhanlahti (6 berths)
- Hietalahdenallas (3 berths)
- Recreational islands
- near the Market Square (25 berths).
There are paid berths for quick visits at
- Katajanokka Visitor´s Marine
- many boat and yacht clubs' marinas
- the marina at Suomenlinna