Preparatory education for vocational training (Valma)
In preparatory education, you will acquire the required capabilities to apply for a place in vocational training.
- For persons who have completed their comprehensive education and want to improve their study skills before they pursue further education and training. Apply to Valma through the Studyinfo.fi.
- For adults who want to improve their readiness to study in vocational training, such as immigrants or those planning a career change, for example. Continuous application
What is involved?
You will follow an individual study plan, according to which you will:
- familiarise yourself with various professions and fields of study
- strengthen your studying capabilities and everyday life skills
- prepare yourself for working life in work practice periods.
- During the preparatory training, it is also possible to take vocational studies and complete permit and card training.
- The preliminary period for an apprenticeship can be part of the preparatory training. You can also transfer to apprenticeship training once you find a suitable apprenticeship training place.
The duration of the studies is between half a year and a year, and the scope is 30–60 credits. You can start the studies flexibly even after the school year has started.