Changes to early childhood education client fees
The grounds for early childhood education client fees will change on 1 January 2018.
- The client fees are defined by the income limits and payment percentages of families, which both will change.
- After this, the fee for the family’s second child attending early childhood education is 50% of the fee for the family’s youngest child attending full-time early childhood education, instead of the current 90%.
- The lowest (€27/child) and highest (€290/child) early childhood education fee will remain the same as before.
Income limits and payment percentages
|Size of the family*
*) Members counted as family include persons living in a shared household either married or in marriage-like conditions, as well as any underage children of either partner, who live in the same household.
Changes in invoicing
As income limits increase, most people will find their early childhood education fees decreasing. All families are advised to check their income at the turn of the year, particularly those who have so far paid the highest early childhood education monthly fee (€290/child).
A new payment decision is made for all children attending early childhood education during March, based on the information submitted by the families. If the family’s income remains the same, this does not require any action. In case of changes in income, the families shall deliver their income receipts to:
Kasvatus ja koulutus
Asiakasmaksut ja laskutus
00099 City of Helsinki
Estimated invoicing times for early childhood education fees in 2018
The changes in the grounds for the client fees will cause a delay in invoicing the first months of 2018.
The planned schedule is as follows:
- December 2017 is invoiced in January as usual.
- January 2018 is invoiced in March.
- February 2018 is invoiced in the beginning of April.
- March 2018 is invoiced at the end of April.
- April 2018 is invoiced in May.
After this, invoicing will return to its usual schedule, with each month being invoiced during the following month.
In case of any questions related to invoicing, please contact the Education division’s client fees department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 09 310 8600 (exchange).