Student travel card for pupils in grades 7 to 9
If a 7th to 9th grader’s journey from home to the local school is a minimum of 3 kilometres long, the pupil is entitled to a travel card (HSL/HRT). The pupil can also receive a travel card to a school other than their local school if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- The pupil has been admitted following an aptitude test to weighted-curriculum education.
- The pupil studies an A1 language that is not taught at the local school, but at the nearest suitable school.
- The pupil is in a special needs class.
- The pupil is in a preparatory education class.
- The pupil goes to mother tongue or religion classes at another school that is at least 3 kilometres away from the pupil’s local school (multi-use travel card).