Student travel card for pupils in grades 1 to 6
If a 1st to 6th grader’s journey from home to the local school is a minimum of 2 kilometres long, the pupil will receive a travel card (HSL/HRT). The pupil can also receive a travel card to a school other than their local school if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- The pupil has been admitted following an aptitude test to weighted-curriculum education at a school other than the local school.
- The pupil has chosen an A language starting in the 1st or 3rd grade that is not taught at the local school, but at the nearest suitable school.
- The pupil is in a special needs class.
- The pupil is in a preparatory education class.
- The pupil goes to mother tongue classes at another school that is at least 2 kilometres away from the pupil’s local school (multi-use travel card).
- The pupil studies B1 English in the 6th grade, which is not taught at the local school, but at the nearest suitable school.