Skip to content

Moving on from basic education

Children may apply for vocational studies or general upper secondary education after comprehensive school.

Upper secondary schools are applied to via the service during the joint application period.

You can apply to vocational institutions throughout the year. The joint application period is intended for those who are about to complete comprehensive school or the matriculation examination and those who have not completed an upper secondary level qualification. Everyone else may apply in the continuous application process.

If a young person with an immigrant background does not have sufficient language skills to move on to upper secondary level education as of yet, they may apply for preparatory training for upper secondary education or preparatory training for initial vocational education.

More information on training and applying is available in the service. Any further education opportunities are discussed with student counsellors and teachers in grades 7 and 9.

24.02.2021 16:19