Suoraan sisältöön

Moving on from comprehensive education

After finishing comprehensive school, students can apply either to vocational upper secondary education or to general upper secondary education. Application to both types of education is made in the joint application process online on Application to courses starting in the autumn is made during the preceding spring season, and application to courses starting in January is made in the autumn.

Application is made with the comprehensive school final certificate. The syllabus of some subjects, such as music, is completed before the last year of comprehensive school, and the final grades for these subjects are included in the final certificate.

If the language skills of a foreign-born student are not sufficient for upper secondary education, he/she can apply to preparatory training either for general upper secondary education or for vocational upper secondary education. More information on preparatory training is available online through the links listed below.

Information on training, education and application is available on Further education alternatives are discussed at guidance counselling classes in 8th and 9th grades.

13.09.2018 12:48