Skip to content

Church of the Deaconess Institute


View larger map
Address:
Alppikatu 2
00530 Helsinki

Telephone: +358 50 374 9434


Opening hours:
open Mon-Fri 09-15
Closed in July


Description:
The foundation stone of the Helsinki Deaconess Institute's church was set in 1896. Architectural drawings for the church were prepared and donated by Baron Karl August Wrede. The church was inaugurated by Bishop Herman Råbergh in 1898. In September of the same year, the first deaconess ordination ceremony was carried out in the church. For more than a hundred years, the Church of the Deaconess Institute has reflected the Christian foundation of the Institute's operations.





Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English