Adult social work
The adult social work team first charts the client's life situation and after that a plan for services and support is worked out together with the client.
You can become a client by contacting the adult social work team on you own residential area. There are separate teams for people under 30 year-old and over 30.
Adult social work helps individual clients, families and groups. The teams help e.g. in problems concerning employment, living, family life, economy and life crisis situations. The worker aim at supporting the client by joint target-oriented work, information, counselling and by granting discretionary and preventive social assistance.
The teams also make use of other services of the Department, for example housing consultation, social credits, work ability investigation and rehabilitative work activity.
The customership is determined, based on the customer's home address.
The service is only for citizens of Helsinki.
Related service points and contact information:
- Community work
- Street-based social work
- Food distribution point local work
- Local work with non-residents of Helsinki
- Local work with people outside substance abuse or psychiatric services and with people in crisis situations
- Local work with people in financially difficult situations
- Investigative work among those living outdoors
- Social work of youth services
- Adult social work